Napagkasunduan nina Pangulong Rodrigo Duterte at Singaporean President Halimah Yacob ang mga proyektong mas lalo pang magpapalakas ng kooperasyon sa kalakalan at pagnenegosyo sa pagitan ng Pilipinas at Singapore.
Sa ginanap na bilateral meeting sa Malakaniyang kahapon kasama ang pangulo ng Singapore, tinalakay ang mga usapin na maaaring pagtulungan ng dalawang bansa sa mga darating na panahon.
Kabilang dito ang tungkol sa defense cooperation and security, kasama ang pagpapatatag sa training exchanges sa pagitan ng military at special forces.
President Yacob and I committed to further intensify trade and investment links, mindful of the goals we have set for ourselves under the Philippines-Singapore Action Plan or PSAP. Singapore is our second highest source of investments in 2018, committing a total of P21.18 Billion, or 11.8% of our [total] foreign pledges. Singapore is also our 7th largest trading partner with two-way trade at 10.49 billion us dollars,” —President Rodrigo Duterte
Ayon sa pangulo, kaniyang hiniling rin kay Yacob ang pakikibahagi ng kanilang bansa sa priority investment areas sa Pilipinas.
Gayundin ang kooperasyon para sa agrikultura, edukasyon, siyensya, agham at teknolohiya, turismo at palitan ng kultura.
Kasabay nito, kinilala naman ng Singaporean leader ang kontribusyon ng mga Pilipino sa kanilang lipunan at ekonomiya kung saan tinatayang nasa 200K mga Pinoy ang naninirahan, nagtatrabaho at nag-aaral sa kanilang bansa sa ngayon.
Sinaksihan din ng dalawang pangulo ang lagdaan ng walong (8) kasunduan kung saan kapwa makikinabang ang dalawang bansa:
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Department of Education (DepEd) and Temasek Foundation International and Nanyang Polytechnic International Program on Innovations and Teaching and Learning of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) with Design Thinking which provides for long-term collaboration, cooperation, and capability development of DepEd officials and the principles of teachers of DepEd high schools in STEM education.
- MOU between the Department of Agriculture and Enterprise Singapore on Agricultural Cooperation and Related Activities.
- MOU between Department of Trade and Industry of the Republic of the Philippines, the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority, and Skills Future Singapore Agency of the Republic of Singapore on cooperation on human capital development and rescaling and skills upgrading of workforce.
- MOU between the Development Bank of the Philippines and Infrastructure Asia Singapore on knowledge sharing to support infrastructure development.
- MOU between Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System and Public Utilities Board.
- MOU between the National Commission for Culture and the Arts and Ministry of Culture, Community, and Youth of the Republic of Singapore on cultural cooperation.
- MOU between Infrastructure Asia and Public-Private Partnership Center on assisting Philippine local implementing agencies with the development or implementation of PPP projects.
- MOU between the National Privacy Commission of the Republic of the Philippines and The Personal Data Protection Commission of the Republic of Singapore on Cooperation in Personal Data Protection.