Pinarangalan ng Philippine National Volunteer Service Coordinating Agency ang 10 natatanging indibiduwal dahil sa kanilang ambag sa larangan ng sebisyo publiko.
Pinangunahan ni San Jose Del Monte (SJDM) Rep. Florida “Rida” Robes ang paggagawad ng parangal sa outstanding volunteers sa seremonya nitong araw ng Lunes, December 16, 2019 sa South wing lobby ng Kamara de Representantes.
These exemplary volunteers, who come from all over the country, should inspire us all to be more proactive in helping our fellow Filipinos and our communities,” saad ng Kongresista. “They emphasize the fact that our bayanihan spirit is the key to national development.” ani Robes.
Kabilang sa mga binigyang pagkilala sina:
- Dr. Romulo Davide (Volunteer Lifetime Achievement Awardee),
- Aliah Alam (Individual-Youth Category),
- Joel Dela Costa (Individual-Adult Category),
- Dr. Zsa-Zsa May Meneses (Individual-Adult Category),
- Engr. Cristeta Gallano (Individual-Adult Category),
- Soroptimist International of Mandaluyong or SIM (Non-Profit Organization Category),
- University of La Salette Inc. High School (ULSHS) Community Relations and Outreach Program (Non-Profit Organization Category),
- Brgy. Poblacion, Burgos, Ilocos Norte (Special Award for LGUs),
- Mandaluyong City (Special Award for LGUs), at
- Municipality of La Trinidad, Benguet (Special Award for LGUs).
Kabilang naman sa naggawad ng parangal ay sina:
- PNVSCA officer-in-charge Corazon Macaraig,
- Secretary of Socioeconomic Planning Ernesto M. Pernia,
- National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA), at
- Undersecretary for Regional Development Adoracion Navarro.
— DWIZ Newscenter (@dwiz882) December 17, 2019
Ang mga binigyang parangal ngayong taon ay kinabibilangan ng mga individuals, non-profit organizations, at local government units na aktibong nakikilahok sa mga volunteer programs.
This ceremony is our way of celebrating the bravery, dedication, and commitment to service of these volunteers. May there be more like them. We want to encourage volunteerism in times of disaster and in community building as well. It should be a quality that is innate in every Filipino, to lend a helping hand whenever possible.” dagdag pa ni Robes.